Design Manager, VX & UX
Who You Are
You are a design manager who has proven your ability to motivate those around you with your vision
and dedication to excellence. You have successfully demonstrated taking business goals and turning
them into inspiring world-class designs.
You understand the complexity of marketing, building and managing brands, and know how to set
and scale a design language for the Indian market. You are a fearless leader; someone who is excited
by today’s rapidly changing technology and e-commerce landscape and its prospects of revolutionizing
the customer experience. You will build and lead a team of high-performing Visual and Interaction Designers
in the journey to shape the consumer experience across all mediums.
Who We Are
The User Experience Design (UXD) team sets the design direction for Amazon’s online websites in India,
including Junglee.com. We are responsible for all aspects of user-experience including, interaction,
branding and the creative development of style guides for a wide range of services, features and retail
categories (Books, Movies, Music, Video Games, Electronics, Beauty, Sports, Baby, and many more).
We start with the customer in mind as we strive to create an unrivaled shopping experience.
• Hire and mentor designers to raise the bar of visual design quality and efficiency for Amazon India
• Set design standards and guidelines by working closely with merchandising, technology,
and global VX and UX design teams.
• Develop and strengthen brand assets, including style and usage guides, and collaborate
with the design community around the world to ensure consistent use.
• Enhance team knowledge of best design practices and trends in web and graphic design
• Understand and respond to merchandising and marketing performance data (metric tests, usability
studies) and steer the direction of future creative designs and merchandising features.
• Work with our finance department and global design manager to effectively track ongoing resource needs,
updating internal clients on usage of resources versus budget
• Present design solutions to executive managers
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, online marketing,
and great user-centered design solutions
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in web design/online marketing
• Minimum of 2 years of successfully managing design teams
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Visio, and Dreamweaver
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel for reporting purposes
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex
concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• E-Commerce/retail design experience
• Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines
• Experience working with international teams.
• An expert understanding of the trends in web design/online marketing
• Illustration experience
• Art direction and experience setting up photo shoots
• Knowledge of information architecture, usability, and UI Design
• Experience in hiring and managing visual/VX and interaction/UX designers.