Location: Washington, DCArt Director (Part Time)
Hanley Wood, www.hanleywood.com, is currently seeking a part-time, in-house Art Director to join
our Remodeling group.
The Art Director will help with art production on several of our monthly magazines.
The position calls for 2-3 workdays per week. The exact days of the week worked are negotiable,
but the days should be consistent from week to week.
Primary Responsibilities and Related Duties:
• Designing layouts using InDesign and the WoodWing editorial publishing system
• Modifying layouts based on design director's feedback
• Preflighting and troubleshooting InDesign layouts
• Evaluating and preparing art for print and web
• Color-correction and image manipulation using Photoshop
• Creating data graphics such as charts, graphs, and maps
• Commissioning illustrations and photographs as requested
• Experience with managing other designers required
• Experience working in a collaborative atmosphere required
Qualified Candidates will possess the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Advanced level of proficiency using digital illustration tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge about print publishing standards
• Superb attention to detail
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Experience working with WoodWing or a similar editorial publishing system preferred
About Hanley Wood:
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We are over 500 employees strong with offices nationally. We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously
encourages high levels of creativity and productivity.
Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team
success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us,
so we provide competitive compensation and benefits with a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply on line at
http://hanleywood.com/?page=careers and follow us on Twitter @HanleyWood and @hanleywoodHR.