Location: San Rafael, CAWe are a rapidly growing, San Rafael, CA-based footwear company* with both wholesale
and direct-to-consumer channels. We sell through retail channels and our own e-commerce
site to a loyal and passionate consumer base.
We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated GRAPHIC DESIGNER to help bring to life the brand’s
visual identity through design of brand support.
This includes, but is not exclusive to, packaging, collateral, catalogs, trade
show graphics, presentations, press kits and more.
You will be an integral part of a small Marketing team and take on the following responsibilities:
• Design and create assets across a broad range of our business including packaging, marketing collateral,
POP, tradeshow & merchandising materials, banners, as well as internal corporate identity needs and
• Ensure consistent branding and messaging.
• Collaborate with the marketing staff, pre-press and Project Management to create the most effective marketing materials possible.
• Pay close attention to detail in design, preparation of mechanicals, and written communications. Ensure quality and prepare deliverables for handoff to developers, client, printers, etc.
• Communicate in a clear, consistent, constructive, and positive manner.
• Remain abreast of design and marketing trends and be able to share information with marketing.
• Organize and archive files in a timely and orderly fashion and maintain the creative assets library.
• Implement and evolve brand standards and graphic guidelines for internal and external use.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• B.A., Graphic Design with an in-depth understanding of contemporary design principals.
• 5-7 Years professional experience in graphic design with retail or direct to consumer lifestyle brand
experience a plus.
• Solid brand and communication design experience, with exposure to a wide variety of disciplines,
including brand strategy, identity development, print and digital marketing materials, packaging,
merchandising and collateral materials.
• Understands the target consumer and how to reach them through design.
• Experience with initial concept generation, through comps, presentations, and preparation of electronic
pre-press files is expected, with knowledge of printing procedures and requirements.
• Experience with digital imagery, Flash and basic knowledge of HTML & CSS.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
and changing priorities. Extremely detail oriented.
• Math skills and ability to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percentages.
• A portfolio that clearly communicates successful design solutions that drive business success.
• Strong command of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and a strong grasp of design principles.
• Strong in conceptual and problem solving skills; critical thinking.
*Voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in the North Bay 2012!