Mthº (theMthDegree.com) —a San Diego-based marketing agency—has a foundation rooted a
nd developed around our innovative strategy, creative thinking, and problem solving.
We collaborate with our partners to strategically think through business opportunities,
develop an integrated media platform, create influential stories that matter, and drive audiences to act.
Mthº is looking for a Senior Designer to develop creative strategies and solutions for our clients.
This is an opportunity for a driven and experienced designer to step into a role that’s ripe for growth.
The Senior Designer (SD) establishes the conceptual and stylistic execution for projects and campaigns.
The SD works in conjunction with the Art Directors and Junior Designers on all design solutions, including,
but not limited to, digital including, web, interactive, social, tablet and mobile screens, print and retail solutions.
The SD reports to the Creative Director and Agency Managing Director and collaborates with the entire
creative team on overall cross-media solutions.
• Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas for Mthº and clients that work in a fully integrated
manner, both online and offline
• Knowledge and thirst to investigate, innovate, and develop trends in creative with an emphasis
on website, social, and mobile application.
• Work with partners, art directors, and creative director to develop design solutions
• Responsible for the quality of execution and quality of thinking and creative
• Creating and directing user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best
practices, standards compliant design, and cross browser compatibility, with understanding of analytics
for web and mobile
• Come up with the best creative and innovative solutions achieved within budget
• Work as a team with the Copywriters and Designers
• Train and direct staff members who develop design concepts into art layouts or who prepare
layouts for online, mobile, and offline purposes
• Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off
• Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements
• Present concepts to clients for approval
• Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production heads to discuss client requirements
and presentation concepts, and to coordinate creative activities
• Follow brand guidelines
• Work to creative brief and show understanding and relevance to the target market
• Be able to effectively visualize and create concepts into the end product, giving direction
on photography style, imagery, typography, iconography, and navigation optimized for web
• Attend all photo shoots and location visits, providing direction to photographers to meet clients
brief, as applicable
• Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation
approaches, styles, and techniques
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• 5 to 7 years working as a designer in an agency environment with deep expertise in digital
creative execution and best practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Mobile design experience is required
• BS required
Interested applicants please submit cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio.