Head of Graphics
Join URBANARA and experience the growth of one of Europe’s most exciting e-commerce companies,
with operations in Germany, China and the UK.
URBANARA is changing the face of retail by taking things back to basics.
With a focus on quality and design, we source modern, high quality home wares and accessories
from around the world, directly from the people who make them.
Each beautiful, hand-picked product is delivered to the customer’s doorstep at its true price.
We are currently recruiting a
Head of Graphics (m/f)
As part of a small, dynamic team, you will be responsible for driving the design elements across
the URBANARA website as well as supporting collateral.
We are looking for someone with a passion for design, photography, type and illustration.
Highly creative, full of ideas and with an eye for detail, you will be responsible for creating stunning
visual designs that communicate product, editorial and brand identity
in an effective and original way, from conception to completion.
You will work with the Marketing and Product Development Director to define branding strategy and translate
that strategy into creative concepts across all mediums from website, to online advertising banners to print.
A natural leader, you must be comfortable across a range of graphic disciplines and able to lead and mentor
a young, enthusiastic team. You will review incoming briefs to ensure all projects are assigned appropriately,
according to individual strengths. You will manage resource internally to ensure all projects are delivered
to brief, deadline and budget and provide concise status updates to directors on a regular basis.
With extensive knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, you will manage
the graphics team, coordinating the retouching, colour correcting and image optimization for the website.
A pivotal role, you will need to enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have plenty of drive
and initiative to get things done, with minimal supervision. This will be a varied and challenging position
and is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to take the next step.
- Diploma or Degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design or related disciplines
- 6-8 years graphic design experience, ideally in an e-commerce/retail environment
- Great design, ideation and conceptual ability with the ability to communicate clearly
- Expert knowledge of print, an understanding of materials, processes and costs
- Extensive, in depth commercial knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and HTML
with strong understanding of how to design for web
- Passionate about home decoration with a great eye for design
- Management experience with the ability to lead a team
- Highly organised, with the ability to work independently and to deadline
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Flexible, motivated and team oriented
- Fluent English with German or another European language a plus
- An exciting, full-time position in a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (by Hackescher Markt)
- An enthusiastic, fun, and international team with flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to take part in the development of a global organisation at an early stage
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be based in our Berlin office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic individual to join our dynamic team.
Apply via http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/urbanara/head-of-graphics/akz934Hnyr4RmfiGakhP3Q