Senior User Experience Designer TechSolutions
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer who is passionate about designing for anything with a screen: Phone, Tablets, Web, TVs - If that’s your thing, then we want to talk to you.
You’re an incredible visual and interaction designer and love solving customer problems. You have disruptive ideas for delivering amazing experiences. You are an innovator by nature. You're adaptive with a keen mind for collaboration. You can stand in front of customers and be an evangelist for the users’ experience. You bring projects from conceptual sketches all the way to Hi-Fi designs with interactive prototypes peppered in. You’re mature with a lid on your ego. You have a good sense of humour.
The Senior Experience Designer is a seasoned designer with a broad range of experience in the industry and able to create compelling interface and experience solutions, Information Architecture and Interaction models. The ideal Senior Experience Designer displays a growing interest, ownership and strength in one of the KPMG TechSolutions Experience Design practices: Information Architecture & Design, Design Strategy, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Design Implementation and Usability. A highly adept design and project consultant, Senior Experience Designers work directly with client-teams, domain experts, project stakeholders and internal/external development teams to drive strategic, experience design solutions from concept to completion. Senior Experience Designers are also expected to mentor other designers for skills advancement and design process education.
- Lead / support design-related ideation of project and business goals with clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Lead / support the discovery and research phases of a project (workshops, interviews, behavioural studies etc.)
- Ideate and create UX deliverables such as user flows, journeys, personas, IA, prototypes and interaction models
- Create rich high fidelity compositions incorporating user-experience methodologies and interface solutions
- Create and manage deliverable documentation such as style-guides and visual implementation guides
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Mentor clients, peers, and stakeholders on process and user-experience methodologies
- Define and maintain ownership of process enhancements and toolkits
- Create estimates of design efforts for sales assessments and strategic sales opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- Significant design-related experience, creating user-experiences and user-interfaces across form-factor considerations
- Strong self-motivation and teamwork skills, with the ability to build momentum and pivot in difficult situations
- Ability to plan and facilitate workshops, interviews and other research activities
- Attention to detail for project, consulting, and design
- Masterful verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate, sell, defend, and receive feedback on work in a professional environment
- Strong leadership skills, mentoring Experience Designers, Business Analysts, and Development teams on the execution of design related activities
- Exceptional consulting skills that include leading design-related conversations, surfacing project requirements, building and nurturing good relationship, and fostering environments for open, productive collaboration
- Deep understanding of experience-design related deliverables, including IA diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and high fidelity composition development
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, and other design tools
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools such as Invision, Proto.IO, MarvelApp, or others
- Strong understanding of modern software and application development processes and methodologies
- Strong awareness of current technology and design trends